Just when you didn’t know anything like this existed and you’re trying to find advice on creative ways to make your long-distance relationship work. The Long-Distance Survival Guide: A Survival Guide for the Geographically Challenged ($10.94) comes to the rescue, and according to the reviews, has been able to convert cynical friends and family members to the practicality and longevity of your long-distance relationship.
The author, Caroline Tiger, survived a long-distance relationship that spanned two coasts, get this book and learn from experience.
“The phone company might think long distance is the next best thing to being there, but The Long-Distance Relationship Guide knows better: long-distance relationships require hard work, commitment, a sturdy travel bag, a good calling plan, a healthy sense of humor, supportive friends—and lots of ice cream. Here’s everything you need to make sure your relationship can go the distance. Learn how to:
• Spot the serial long-distance dater
• Prepare for “The Visit”
• Discover the joys of phone sex
• Write a juicy love letter
• Negotiate turn-taking visits
Full of helpful quizzes, checklists, and advice from relationship experts and long-distance veterans, The Long-Distance Relationship Guide will help you make the most of your long-distance romance.”
Yes, you can take the one you love “out to dinner” even if you are miles apart! Perhaps your long-distance love has had a long day at work and you can tell the last thing he or she wants to do is cook dinner. Help make their day a little bit easier by ordering pizza, boneless chicken, wings, or a build your own pasta from Dominos, Papa Johns, sandwiches from Jimmy Johns, or other food delivery services in their area.
It really is a nice gesture and it shows your loved one how much you care about taking care of them even if you’re unable to bring them to a nice restaurant or cook them dinner at the moment.
Photo Credits: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roboppy/2243701372/
Ever want to buy your boyfriend or girlfriend a really nice bottle of cologne or perfume, perhaps something that they haven’t used before but aren’t sure whether or not they’ll like it or it will even smell good on them?
Sephora’s Fragrance Samplers for Him & Her are the perfect answer to the fragrance dilemma. For $50 a set you can give your special someone the ability to sample 10-12 different name brand fragrances as well as one gift certificate to redeem for their favorite fragrance in the set.
Here’s what’s in the Fragrance Sampler for Her ($50):
- 0.05 oz Ralph Lauren Romance
- 0.06 oz Gucci Flora by Gucci
- 0.05 oz Michael Kors Gold
- 0.04 oz Vera Wang Lovestruck
- 0.04 oz Oh, Lola Marc Jacobs
- 0.03 oz Pucci Miss Pucci Intense
- 0.03 oz Kenzo FlowerbyKenzo
- 0.03 oz FENDI Fan di Fendi
- 0.04 oz Taylor Swift Wonderstruck
- 0.04 oz Hanae Mori Butterfly
- Bonus: Refillable Fragrance Atomizer
The Fragrance Sampler for Him ($50):
- - Dolce & Gabbana The One Sport – redeems to a 1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
- - Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò – redeems to a 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
- - Givenchy Play – redeems to a 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
- - Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme– redeems to a 1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
- - Hanae Mori HM – redeems to a 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
- - Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme – redeems to a 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
- - Jean Paul Gaultier LE MALE – redeems to a 1.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
- - John Varvatos Artisan – redeems to a 2.5 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
- - Lacoste Eau de Lacoste – redeems to a 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
- - Paco Rabanne 1 Million – redeems to a 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
- - Versace Pour Homme – redeems to a 1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
- - Yves Saint Laurent L’Homme– redeems to a 1.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Bonus: Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel
Perfect gift for Valentine’s Day or everyday and sure to put a smile on the face of the one you love! Great for long distance relationships, Sephora offers free shipping when you spend $50+
Spotify really is the best music sharing platform that was ever invented. The popular music sharing platform is free and 100% legal, but most importantly it has brought couples in long-distance relationships even closer together by both allowing couples to learn more about one another’s musical preferences as well as easily share new songs.
If you’re not a member yet you really need to join Spotify.com, once you’re a member it’s very easy to link your account to Facebook and share songs with your friends and your love.
Our Classic and Romantic Long Distance Love Gifts Playlist
Send these songs to your love and you will be sure to melt their heart.
- The Way I Am – Ingrid Michaelson
- Your Nobody Till Somebody Loves You – Nat King Cole
- Unforgetable - Nat King Cole
- A Blossom Fell - Nat King Cole
- Penthouse Serenade - Nat King Cole
- Anything to Say You’re Mine – Etta James
- At Last – Etta James
- Nothing Can Change This Love – Sam Cooke
- Only You – Joshua Radin
- 100 – Brandi Carlile
- The Last Day of Our Lives – Schuyler Fisk
- Reasons to Love You – Meiko
- I Don’t Wanna Miss You – Thompson Square
- It Had to Be You – Doris Day
- Without You – Lana Del Rey
- Parachute (tyDi Mix) – Ingrid Michaelson
- After Tonight – Justin Nozuka
- You Take My Troubles Away – Raechel Yamagata & Dan Wilson
- What I Wouldn’t Do – A Fine Frenzy
- Must Have Done Something Right – Relient K
- All This Time – One Republic
- Be Mine – David Gray
- You and I – The Violet Archers
- The Girl – City and Colour
- Static Waves – Andrew Belle
- Not With Haste – Mumford and Sons
What are your favorite love songs? Be sure to share them with us!
Thanks to Spotify the gift of good music is free! Take advantage of it.
Sure to bring any long-distance relationship couple closer together. Tell your love just how much they mean to you by completing checklists, short answers, and phrases in this lovely gift book What I Love About You, $11.16.
“If we’d first met in a comic strip, the thought bubble over my head would have said…I adore this little daily ritual or habit we have…One of your most irresistible physical features is…I missed you when… ”
Now this idea was borrowed from a pin found on Pinterest. Remember that special concert or movie date that you and your love went on? Perhaps you still have your ticket stub from a very special concert or movie date, boarding pass or ticket from a special vacation. This is a very creative way to remember and show your love just how much you care about the effort they put into that special date.
Here’s what you do: Take a ticket stub to Kinkos or your local print store and have them blow it up, print it on a fabric transfer and turn it into a pillow.
Since when did socks make you happy? They keep your feet warm, but who says your socks can’t make you happy? Your long-distance love will be delighted when they open up a package from you that says you care about keeping their feet warm and about putting a smile on their face with brightly colored socks in fun patterns from Happy Socks – Free Shipping if you buy four or more pairs. ($50 – 3 pack of limited edition Manish Arora Happy Socks are adorned with multicolored hearts, splatters, and a fun mandala print.)
Tired of the same old-boring Valentine’s Day and love/relationship cards? Express your love this Valentine’s Day, or any day, with a customized love card from Cardstore. Cardstore offers a variety of templates and options to add your own photos with cards as affordable as $2.99 each. You can even import photos from Facebook. Plus, you can schedule your sweetie’s Valentine’s Day card today so you don’t forget. Valentine’s Day 2013 is Thursday, November 14th.
Use coupon code: CAA3753 for 15% off your order. - Offer valid: 1/3/13 to 2/8/13
Use coupon code: CCA3130 for 30% off your order. Offer valid through 1/1/13.